- Who is the Prime Minister of the United Kingdom?
- Who, or what, are La Nina and El Nino?
- What is the name of the terrorist group operating in northern Nigeria?
- What very large country is about to impeach its President?
- How many seats are there on the U.S. Supreme Court?
- Whose faces are on the United States $10 bill and on the $2 bill?
- What State was home to the recently deceased singer “Prince”?
- What is the capital of Afghanistan?
Shubert in El Paso
* * *
“Dr. Saslow, we have a problem.”
The 130 year old Plaza Theatre where the El Paso Symphony practices and performs
“Max, the orchestra has been practicing this program for weeks. Shubert’s Unfinished Symphony followed up by half a dozen of his greatest lieder. We even booked a special accompanist for the songs too; paying him four thousand dollars just to show up. Look, we just lost our soprano and we just don’t have time to plug in something else for the orchestra to play to fill out the program. We can’t afford to start refunding tickets. There’s no other healthy soprano around, either, Max. Help me.”